Previous to 1913 parochial school classes were held in the Hunt house. Children in the first three grades went to the Hunt house or to public school, and there were no kindergarten classes. The Hunt house was located on the site of the Veterans Memorial Park. Today that location is the old tennis court across the street from Mike and Lisa Weber's home, (157 E. Jefferson). The Sisters lived in a small house next to the Hunt house during Fr. Wittliff's pastorate from 1906 to 1912. In 1913 the original school was built from materials taken from a building in Chicago that was transported here. When the school wasn't quite ready, the children had classes in the church basement. When the school was finished, the Sisters lived on the second story, and there were four rooms on the first floor. Miss Agnes Long was the first teacher of the school until the teaching services of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Nazareth were obtained.
By August 1916, the Sisters requested to be relieved of the responsibility of staffing the school because of their need for Sisters back at the motherhouse. However, they continued to provide teachers for well over a decade.
During Pewamo's centennial year in 1959, the old school building was razed and replaced by a new facility on the same site.
The parish had grown from 50 charter families at the time of its establishment to 135 families by the time the new school was built. On February 12, 1959, Bishop Allan J. Babcock granted permission to engage Daniels Associates as architects for a building to include four classrooms and a mutipurpose room. On May 11, 1959, the Bishop gave permission for construction to begin immediately. The project was estimated to cost $125,000, of which $90,000 was already in hand. According to Msgr. Henige's May 5, 1959, letter to the bishop, Schoolmaker Inc., was to build the structure for $117,000. The building withstood time until 1994 when an addition was added to the existing structure.